HI 003: Certificate Course in Community Based Disaster Risk Management
When a disaster strikes, if not addressed well, then they can render an organization, a community or even a country dysfunctional. It only takes few minutes to bring down developments that have been made through many years, funds, as well efforts. With the ever increasing magnitude of the effects of disasters due to climate change, urbanization, industrialization and terrorism, disaster risk management should be embedded in organizational culture and structures.
The course explores disaster risk management concepts and practices using practical examples at Netherlands up to individual level.
- Principles of risk and risk management
- The concepts and definitions of risk and risk management
- Enterprise risk management
- Risk assessment, identification, analysis and evaluation
- Risk responses and risk treatment
- Risk management standards
2. Practice of risk management
- Risk and organizations including an introduction to corporate governance, project and operational risk management.
- Organizational risk management, emerging risks and future developments
- An overview of the global business and risk environment
- Risk culture, appetite and tolerance
- Risk architecture, strategy and protocols
3. Building community capacity to promote the culture of safety
Course Begins on 1st of every month for three months.
Course Level: Certificate Course
Cost: Amount €400 ( Inclusive of 21% VAT)
To register for this course, kindly contact
Zuiderbrink 63, Gravenhage