HI044: Certificate in Shelter Essentials
The course aims at equipping learners with skills required to coordinate a shelter response in a humanitarian crisis caused by natural disasters, a conflict or a combination of both. It will provide learners with an overview of the humanitarian reform process and the transformative agenda, the interagency cluster approach, the role of the shelter cluster and the principles and practice of shelter coordination.
At the end of the course, learners should be able to demonstrate a depth of knowledge of the main foundations, principles, processes and complexity of humanitarian shelter coordination in natural disasters; develop an interagency shelter response and advocacy strategy, using current humanitarian shelter and settlement standards, principles and approaches; effectively participate in s helter coordination teams in response to natural disasters at the country level utilizing the most current technology, tools and good practices at the forefront of the discipline; and application of leadership and coordination skills effectively and appropriately to a professional standard for different audiences in the field of humanitarian practice.
The topics to be covered include the following;
- The humanitarian reform process and the transformative Agenda
- The cluster approach and the shelter cluster
- The global shelter cluster methodology for shelter coordination at the country level
- Leadership and coordination skills
- Fundamentals of shelter response programming and minimum standards
- Inter-agency disaster response appeal and financing mechanisms
- Inter-cluster coordination
- Core cluster functions
- Inter-agency coordinated assessments
- Information management
- Inter-agency shelter response and advocacy strategies
Course Begins on 1st of every month for 3 Months.
Course Level: Certificate Course
Cost: Amount €400 ( Inclusive of 21% VAT)
To register for this course, kindly contact
Zuiderbrink 63, Gravenhage